IT | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock’s internal IT team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting the technology infrastructure at ForgeRock. This includes global networks, telephony, video conferencing systems, physical server hardware, virtual servers, cloud-based systems, application support, and end user devices. The technology supported by the team is used by every part of the business and underpins our entire software development process.
We are searching for an entry to mid-level, motivated IT Technician to join our team. As an IT Technician, they will be responsible for quickly and dynamically troubleshooting issues with a friendly and outgoing personality. This is 80-90% client-facing and 10-20% server/backend system administration. We’re searching for someone who’s passionate about customer experience, a great communicator, is highly motivated, and has a genuine interest and passion for the IT field.
This person works as a member of a small, globally distributed team of talented technicians and engineers within ForgeRock IT. We will work together to deliver excellence to the company, with a focus on outstanding customer experience and delivery.
- Provide Excellent Frontline Support: As a member of ForgeRock’s service desk team, your primary responsibility will be to provide frontline support to ForgeRock employees and contractors. You’ll leverage your troubleshooting skills and experience supporting Mac and Windows computers, G Suite and other common applications as you respond to requests or incidents received through a range of channels (in-person, email, Slack, ticketing systems, etc). You’ll focus on resolving incidents, problems, or requests in a timely manner with a goal of providing a first-time fix. You’ll ensure the work is recorded with the required level of detail in the ticketing system to support metrics and trend analysis.
- On/Off Boarding: An employee’s experience during the on-boarding process sets the tone for their career at ForgeRock. Because of this, you will work with your teammates in IT and around the company to provide excellence in the onboarding process. Swift and consistent offboarding is also important, as it’s a key part of our overall security program. Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information is critical to the success of the IT team.
- Grow and Learn: ForgeRock is a dynamic environment, with technology changes happening rapidly across all parts of the business. You will need to be adaptable to change, and be constantly learning as you continue to enhance and grow your ability to support a diverse, global customer base who have varying levels of technical skill.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Passionate about helping others with technology challenges
- Expertise supporting Mac laptops and Windows laptops
- Basic networking skills to troubleshoot issues
- Understanding of VoIP communications and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting video conference hardware and software
- Experience with device/asset management software
- Familiarity with G Suite
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.