Services | Bristol Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. We assume you can read and have access to the internet, so please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
- Focused on providing high quality technical support to ForgeRock’s customers to ensure a timely and appropriate response and resolution to any tickets logged.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass appropriate clearance checks to work in this role.
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock customers, responding in a timely and appropriate manner, helping them identify and resolve technical issues with ForgeRock products.
- Create concise problem definitions for all tickets about the configuration and administration of ForgeRock products, reporting bugs when encountered.
- Develop customer facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarise common support issues.
- Collaborate with wider Product Support, Sustaining and Engineering teams to identify root cause and solutions.
- Ensure best practices are followed and processes are adhered to, especially with regard to ISO27001 compliance, security incidents and data breaches
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in an Engineering, Technology or Science Discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years post-bachelor’s degree experience in technical application support, developer or QA role.
- Excellent Communication - both verbal and written; support is conducted via email and phone.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL and IPv4.
- Strong experience of working on Linux, Unix, Windows Enterprise Server OS, with mixed skills around administration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of Java, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS).
- Experience of virtualisation in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- The ability to be a good listener and to be able to identify the key customer information to identify and reproduce the customer’s problem remotely.
- Cloud-based platform services - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- DevOps deployments - Docker, Scripting, Kubernetes
- Networking infrastructure - Proxies, Load balancers, Firewalls, Wireshark
- Installing/tuning/code analysis of Java
- Java performance analysis - Heatmaps/jmap/GC
- Directory - LDAP, AD
- Databases - SQL
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!