Site Reliability Engineer
Cloud Solutions | UK - Bristol Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you an inquisitive, passionate, problem solver? Do you work daily to make a difference in the work-life of your own team, and those teams that count on you? Site Reliability Engineering builds tools, processes, and develops code that leads directly to customer satisfaction. If you are interested in joining a customer-focused company that is excited by technology and you have the SRE skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
In order to keep services reliable and available, this role will involve being on-call at times.
Work as part of a highly agile team, taking part in the full spectrum of team activities including planning, design, implementation, validation, and retrospection. You will become familiar with the ForgeRock Identity Platform, working together with engineering teams and leadership in order to achieve our strategic goals.
You will be focusing on operating and automating of our as-a-service offerings by developing software, incorporating services and leveraging tools. The availability and security of our service will be of paramount importance in your role. Expect to be keeping an ever-watchful eye on latency, performance and capacity.
- Establish relationships, guide practices, overcome complex challenges, and learn each day how best to shape emerging technologies to produce highly reliable, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- Jump in and improve the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Deliver successful services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, security hardening, capacity and launch reviews.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, understanding trends and capabilities of the service.
- Improve systems sustainably using automation and evolve systems by leading changes that increase availability and velocity.
- Participate in incident response, on-call rotations, and blameless retrospectives with the goal of discovering the best approach to prevent future occurrences of the same issue.
- Ability to say No. With clear, understandable conclusions backed by data that show the business the rationale, and how to move forward appropriately.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes concepts and associated tools such as Helm
- Knowledge of administering or operating on cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- Exposure to incident response processes and scenarios
- Experience running mission-critical services in production is a major plus
- Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation
- Familiarity with the latest Cloud compute, load balancing and scaling, storage, networking, security and virtualization technologies
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!