Senior Software Engineer
SaaS | US - Austin Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you a passionate engineer, with an appetite for learning? Are you someone who loves helping your team to fluidly adapt to new requirements and situations as they arise? Do you embrace the principles of agile software development? Do you prefer to ship code early, getting it into customer's hands to collect their feedback to help deliver an outstanding solution? If so, then we are looking for someone to join us on our mission to transform how we deliver the award-winning ForgeRock Identity Platform.
Work as part of a highly agile team, taking part in the full spectrum of team activities including planning, design, implementation, validation, and retrospection. Become familiar with the ForgeRock Identity Platform, working together with engineering teams and leadership in order to achieve our strategic goals. You will be focusing particularly on improving automation of our as-a-service offerings by developing software, incorporating services and leveraging tools.
- Use the latest development technologies to build the distributed service robot that operates our online services. Experience in Golang, Kubernetes and SaaS application building are right up our alley.
- Develop and expand our ecosystem of composable, reusable, isolated, single-purpose services, with a keen eye on good API design and usage
- Create highly testable and rock-solid service implementations
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Make important engineering decisions that balance numerous non-engineering factors with technical considerations
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services -- participate in a data-driven culture
- Research, prototype, and implement solutions to thorny data and scale problems using the best available tools
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, continuously working to adapt to ever-evolving customer needs
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes concepts and associated tools such as Helm
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation
- Experience with the latest Cloud compute, load balancing and scaling, storage, networking, security and virtualization technologies
- Working experience of administering or operating on cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- Exposure to other tools such as Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform
- Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Identity and Access Management experience a major plus
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.