Application Security Intern
Engineering | US - Vancouver Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy innovating with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. We assume you can read and have access to the internet, so please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you someone who is inquisitive, passionate, hungry to learn? Want to have an impact on not only your life but the lives of fellow employees and also customers? We are looking for an inquisitive application security intern who wants to make a difference in a fun and collaborative environment. Working collaboratively with the application security program manager and product engineering teams across the company, learn about our security processes and implement some cool new features in our vision to improve the security of our products at ForgeRock.
The Internship is full-time for Summer 2019 in Vancouver, WA. Students entering their junior or senior year or students graduating in Spring of 2019 are preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Complete a summer project (integrate a fuzzer into our PyForge testing framework): As an intern in Computer Science with a flair for security we want you to integrate an open source fuzzer such as boofuzz into our PyForge testing framework. This will require coding in Python.
- Learn about Threat Modeling (TM) and conduct TM exercises with development teams: Learn the basics of TM such as STRIDE and EOP and apply those techniques to joint sessions with engineering teams where new features or changes to features are discussed to ensure the security impact is fully considered.
- Communicate Effectively: Outstanding communication skills are critical to work effectively in a cross-functional, Agile environment. The challenge is finding the right way to inform and engage all types of audiences, including product and program managers, engineers, third-party partners, and executives. You'll need to identify the key information for your audience and communicate accurately. You'll have an opinion, but be kind and open about it. You'll adjust your communication style and methods to match the situation.
- Having Fun: Given all the stuff above -- responsibility, getting things done in the midst of rapid change, solving hard problems -- can you have fun? Absolutely. The program owner will embrace this challenge with a committed smile, with faith in the team, and with a light heart. They are a champion who motivates the team and makes both successes and failures positive.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsite and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.