Senior Software Engineer - Open Banking
Services | UK – Bristol Office
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ForgeRock® pioneered open source identity and access management, invented identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
We’re out to transform the way organizations approach identity and access management, so they can deliver trusted digital relationships that improve the personalized customer experience and, ultimately, drive greater value. We make it happen with the best identity platform for securing anything, anywhere, on any device. Because at ForgeRock, we believe identity is the center of everything.
We value and reward innovation – the key to success. And we support that innovative drive with a flat organisation, transparency in our decision-making, and a spirit of openness and collaboration. Our Norwegian soul shines as we practice drama-free communication across the globe. We offer a flexible work environment because we believe that great people do great work wherever they are, whoever they are.
We secure hundreds of millions of identities so it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform has helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. You can read more about us at forgerock.com or see what people say about us at https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/ForgeRock-Reviews-E954290.htm
HOW WE SEE THIS ROLE
Open Banking is the new standard that everyone is talking about in the finance sector. As a well-known OpenID provider, ForgeRock is one of the main vendor in the Open Banking market. As such, we are working in partnership with Open Banking Ltd, the author of the standard, to demonstrate the future of banking. Find out more here: https://www.forgerock.com/about-us/press-releases/forgerock-opens-open-banking
You will be working on the Open Banking Reference Implementation, simulating a bank providing the Open Banking APIs. This aims to provide the Fintech developer community with a way to experience this new standard. It’s a unique occasion to work on the forefront of what's happening in the finance sector using modern software engineering tech like Java 8, Spring boot 2, Kubernetes and Angular 6.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, HERE ARE SOME OTHER THINGS WE’D LIKE YOU YO HAVE:
- Advanced Java programming, using Java 8
- Spring Framework and awareness of Spring Boot and Spring Integration projects
- Experience using Git
- How to create and integrate services such as RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
- Good understanding of Agile and DevOps principle
- Experience with pivotal
- Spring cloud gateway, config server, eureka, spring boot admin
- Cloud foundry
- Postman and Newman
- UI development using Angular 2
- Knowledge of the OIDC standard
- Knowledge of ForgeRock products
- Knowledge of the Open Banking standard
LIFE AT FORGEROCK
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the great things ForgeRock’s got going:
- Company-wide winter & summer social events
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group skiing and biking
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Flexible work environment for the majority of employees
- Competitive benefits and perks
- Personal company Mac
- Each office has a personality distinctively its own – from beer brewing to snow-shoeing to ping pong
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin: TX; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore; & counting!