Services | Singapore Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. We assume you can read and have access to the internet, so please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Seeking a highly motivated individual for a Software Support Engineer position. This role will provide remote post-sales software technical support for resolving ForgeRock mission critical customer technical problems in a timely and effective manner.
We are looking for recent graduates from many backgrounds. You don’t need to be a pro in Identity and Access management, and you don’t need to know everything about Java. But we do need you to meet us in the middle!
If you have already graduated or are soon to be graduating with a degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or something similar, then you are already halfway there! We do need applicants to have some understanding of the tools we use and be comfortable with Linux/Windows server operating systems, experience with web and application server i.e. Apache/Tomcat troubleshooting, and some shell scripting skills.
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock customers, helping them identify and resolve technical issues with ForgeRock products.
- Create concise problem definitions for all tickets about the configuration and administration of ForgeRock products, reporting bugs when encountered.
- Develop customer facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarise common support issues.
- Collaborate with wider Product Support, Sustaining and Engineering teams to identify root cause and solutions.
- Weekend, public holidays, and on call duties as required.
- Excellent Communication - both verbal and written; support is conducted via web-based ticketing and phone.
- Ability to decipher customer issues analytically and troubleshoot logically.
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet.
- You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL and IPv4/v6.
- Working knowledge of Java, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS).
- Experience of virtualization in an enterprise environment.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- The ability to be a good listener and to be able to identify key customer information to diagnose and reproduce the customer’s problem in house.
- Nice to have:
- Cloud-based platform services - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- DevOps deployments - Docker, Scripting, Kubernetes
- Networking infrastructure - Proxies, Load balancers, Firewalls
- Directory - LDAP, AD
- Have a technical degree: BS CS/Science/Engineering.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!