Services | Singapore Office
About the company:
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore and Sydney, Australia. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Seeking a highly motivated individual for a Software Support Engineer position. This role will provide remote post-sales software technical support for resolving ForgeRock mission critical customer technical problems in a timely and effective manner.
We are looking for recent graduates from many backgrounds. You don’t need to be a pro in Identity and Access management, and you don’t need to know everything about Java. But we do need you to meet us in the middle!
If you have already graduated or are soon to be graduating with a degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or something similar, then you are already halfway there! We do need applicants to have some understanding of the tools we use and be comfortable with Linux/Windows server operating systems, experience with web and application server i.e. Apache/Tomcat troubleshooting, and some shell scripting skills.
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock customers, helping them identify and resolve technical issues with ForgeRock products.
- Create concise problem definitions for all tickets about the configuration and administration of ForgeRock products, reporting bugs when encountered.
- Develop customer facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarise common support issues.
- Collaborate with wider Product Support, Sustaining and Engineering teams to identify root cause and solutions.
- Weekend, public holidays, and on call duties as required.
- Excellent Communication - both verbal and written; support is conducted via web-based ticketing and phone.
- Ability to decipher customer issues analytically and troubleshoot logically.
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet.
- You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL and IPv4/v6.
- Working knowledge of Java, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS).
- Experience of virtualization in an enterprise environment.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- The ability to be a good listener and to be able to identify key customer information to diagnose and reproduce the customer’s problem in house.
- Nice to have:
- Cloud-based platform services - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- DevOps deployments - Docker, Scripting, Kubernetes
- Networking infrastructure - Proxies, Load balancers, Firewalls
- Directory - LDAP, AD
- Have a technical degree: BS CS/Science/Engineering.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!