CTO Office | Remote - United Kingdom, Norway, United States, Canada, Belgium, France, Germany, Norway, Poland, Sweden or Switzerland
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
If you’re looking for a demanding and challenging environment in a high-tech, internationally focused organisation…now is your chance to make your mark. This is an exciting opportunity for those looking for a Fullstack Developer role to play an integral part in designing and building next-generation applications that will help determine the future of our state-of-the-art products – the equivalent of “Concept Cars” for the identity management world.
As a person you are motivated, structured, and autonomous. You take pride in your work, knowing that it will be evaluated critically by some of the biggest and most consequential organizations in the world. You like to acquire new knowledge and you are flexible in relation to working with many different types of tasks. You understand that there are some repetitive tasks involved in any position and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to every challenge whether large or small.
- Collaborate closely with CTO teammates, product management, developers, architects, and customers in designing and building prototype applications focusing on front ends
- Engage with customers and prospects to help position our current offerings, understand market directions, and position future product innovations
- Provide input and advice on our current product and engineering approaches and special projects
- Drive market awareness of ForgeRock at key events and in the media
- Interact with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
- Work independently on development tasks, guiding others when required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in web backend development in any combination of: NodeJS, Golang, Java
- Strong competence in building and consuming RESTful web services
- Relevant experience in native mobile applications development, or hybrid/cross-platform frameworks like Ionic or React Native
- Solid grounding in modern software engineering best practices
- Experience with any of the following useful: WebAssembly, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Figma, Webflow, PWA
- Experience working with Internet of Things protocols and devices useful
- Basic UX and UI experience
- Basic understanding of microservice architectures and design principles
- Desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- S. degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams highly desired
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!