Senior Support Engineer
Support | US – San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
- Provide world class support to ForgeRock customers, help them identify and resolve technical issues with ForgeRock products
- Assist customers in the solution design, implementation and administration of ForgeRock products.
- Develop customer facing support documentation, when appropriate, to summarize common support issues.
- Communicate with the sustaining and engineering teams (when required) to facilitate resolutions for customer issues.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years post-bachelor degree experience in technical support role or developer role
- Experience with Directory Servers e.g. LDAP
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SSL and IPv4.
- Strong understanding of REST based interfaces, HAR file analysis and the ability to diagnose client issues using browser Developer Tools
- Experience with one or more SQL databases, including query optimization and indexing
- Strong experience working on Mac, Linux and Windows with mixed skills around administration and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to quickly identify the key customer information necessary to root-cause customer issues
- Excellent Communication - both verbal and written, support is conducted via email and phone
- Experience with leading Identity Management systems and a proven understanding of the fundamental concepts around account provisioning, reconciliation and authorization
- Experience with Active Directory domain administration and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Salesforce applications
- Experience with System Performance tuning such as JVM tuning and DB tuning
- Experience with Cloud, PaaS, SaaS technologies
- Experience with DevOps containerization, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.