Senior Partner Manager
Business Development | US – San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for a talented and proven team player with high energy and initiative to fill a key role within the Channel Sales Organization – Sr. Partner Sales Manager. This role will be a key contributor to our overall sales and business development strategy as we look to build out our network of Regional Consulting and SI Partners to help scale our business over the next 3 to 5 years.
The development of our Partner Network is crucial to the success of our company. The ability to execute upon a strategy to drive sales with Partners & our field sales organization to ultimately expand our sales pipeline with new opportunities is key to the success of this role. This individual must work with existing partner ecosystem to develop and expand those relationships and their involvement with ForgeRock. They must also be adept at developing strong internal relationships within our organization with Customer Success Team, Legal and Sales Ops to ensure the success of our partners while working remotely.
This role will report up to the Vice President - GTM Alliances and Channels for the Americas.
First 30 days
- Gain alignment with our Regional Consulting and SI Partners across the America’s, the leadership of the Americas Alliances & Channels organization, and Federal & Region Sales organization to define and prioritize the partner strategies needed to grow the sales
- Develop relationships with all field sales team members
- Define the list of top priority Fed and Commercial accounts for alignment with existing partners as well as prospective target partners
- Become familiar with elements that include marketing events, solution and sales training, joint solution development and joint account sales activities that will drive the alliance relationship this next fiscal year
- Become immersed in the digital identity space and understand ForgeRock’s strategic plays
- Develop a 90 day plan around the prioritization of activities around internal ForgeRock operations, ForgeRock Identity Platform enablement, field engagement and partner activities that will enable an efficient ramp up period
- Awareness of sales pipeline deals and partner engagement in those deals
- Active engagement with Sales Teams in setting and acting on sales strategies for partner engaged deals
- Establish cadence calls with all key partner contacts and set up face to face meetings with their senior leadership teams
- Take over management of weekly standard reports/dashboards for Sales and Business Develop leadership
- Build out formal FY19 business plan for key existing Consulting and SI Partners that includes joint field engagement with key partners
- Develop full understanding of the ForgeRock Trust Network Partner Program and all associated Partner Agreements
- On-going GTM plan development and refinement
- Expansion of the relationships with key go-to partners that align with our strategic direction (e.g. digital identity, digital transformation, IoT etc.)
- Support partner activities across supported sales regions
- Evangelize the ForgeRock alliance strategy across multiple internal organizations including sales, marketing, customer success, and product marketing/management.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the enterprise software industry of building and leading alliances partnerships within a high growth organization. Ideal experience should also include a background in the sales or consulting side of the business. Experience in the identity and access management space would be highly desirable. The individual must exhibit qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence ForgeRock Sales, Marketing, Product Management and the CTO’s Office to support Alliances/Partnering Strategies.
- Minimum 10+ year’s experience of working within the Federal and Commercial Channel Sales arenas
- Minimum 10+ year’s experience of working with small, medium and large consulting and SI firms.
- Exposure to the Security Software channel ecosystem
- Decent understanding of the Digital Identity space
- History of developing and executing alliance partner go-to-market plans with influential market players
- Ability to drive field engagement to produce meaningful pipeline development across both Federal and Commercial Segments
- Ability to develop, nurture and drive relationships with senior leadership teams at both existing and prospective ForgeRock Alliance Partners
- History of successfully developing and leading multiple partnerships at once
- Be creative with strong problem solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment while working remotely
- Track record of exceeding metrics
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS are a plus
- Excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Sound business acumen skills; thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.