IT | UK - Bristol Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The role is responsible for supporting, developing and enhancing all of ForgeRock’s internal IT architecture. ForgeRock is a global business with a worldwide network of offices and employees. This role requires a dedicated and self-driven individual to join the internal IT team and assist in building out the next level of internal ForgeRock infrastructure required to support the growing business.
- Systems administration and maintenance of Linux, cloud and VMWare infrastructure
- Continuous enhancements to ensure the infrastructure keeps pace with business growth
- Work autonomously whilst contributing to the success of the team
- Ownership and management of the forgerock.org infrastructure; desktop estate, community websites, VoIP environment and development tool set. This includes supporting users of these environments.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; you will be supporting and working with our global business
- A solid and proven background in Internet protocols and technologies
- Strong experience deploying and administrating Linux systems
- Strong experience with middleware infrastructure such as Apache, Tomcat, MySQL etc.
- Good experience with virtualisation technologies, AWS/EC2, VMWare
- Experience of scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Experience of Macs and Mac OS X Server would be advantageous
- Some development experience in Java/C/C++ would be advantageous
- Experience of LDAP would be helpful
- Experience of Asterisk is not essential, but would be excellent. ForgeRock use Asterisk internally to support their phone infrastructure and this role includes maintaining and enhancing this critical business component
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!