Engineering Operations Director
Cloud Solutions | US - New York, NY - Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world.
The candidate must have a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in new product development from a program management discipline. The candidate should have leadership experience both in technical and management aspects. Furthermore, the candidate should have experience with driving a multi-site engineering program. Formal training in LEAN/DMAIC/Six Sigma continuous improvement methodologies desired (Green Belt, Black Belt)
The candidate should be a proven leader, be able to create and maintain a working cross functional team. A successful candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. If you are interested in being part of a customer-focused company that is excited by technology and you have the skills, we want to hear from you.
- Plan the overall program and monitor progress to make sure that milestones are being met across the life cycle of the program (Dashboard)
- Manage the P&L against the FY Operating Plan
- Document and ensure all program participants are closely following the SDLC per ISO 27001
- Manage Software/Tools required of the program and whenever possible get them tied to an IT Card/Invoice
- Manage the risks and issues that come up in the program and take action to mitigate them
- Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies across ForgeRock
- Build and foster relationships with the stakeholders who are involved in the projects (EMT, Engineering, PM, Security, Support, Legal, Privacy, Finance, Marketing, Sales)
- Attend all meetings of the program, take diligent notes (place them in a shared drive in Google or Wiki) and ensure all action items are noted and they’re followed up
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years in a program management leadership role
- 10+ years of software or service technology program management
- 10+ years leading teams that have been delivering production solutions
- 10+ years production experience building/maintaining services that had successfully passed compliance audits such as SOC, ISO, etc
- Six Sigma experience (Black Belt)
- Passionate about delighting customers
- Data-driven decision making
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to handle significant fiscal responsibilities, tracking and reporting
- Meticulous attention to details and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience leading agile development and engineering teams building enterprise software
- Prior experience presenting and influencing executive audiences on technology direction
- Understanding of the value of culture in teams and how to build it
- Consistently demonstrate leadership across the board
- Ability to defuse conflict and resolve the root issue(s)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.