SVP, Global Solution Architecture
Solution Architecture | Global
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is currently seeking an experienced sales individual for the SVP, Global Solution Architecture in San Francisco, CA. Working closely with the executive team to align business objectives, the position’s primary focus will be leading the global Solution Architecture team. This will include organization, planning, and reporting in order to ensure the global SA organization’s repeatable success.
- Technically manage a team of global Solution Architects in their efforts to conduct presales activities, and get involved/escalate where necessary in deals assuring the technical engagement of the team
- Expects consistent and regular communication and leadership with other members of the sales/account management teams, marketing, and business development and acting as technical experts.
- Responsible for solution evangelizing, development and delivery of product demonstrations, proof of concepts, workshops and producing support materials for other members and clients in collaboration with the global Solution Architecture teams.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams and other supporting teams.
- Developing long-term relationships with clients (and partners where appropriate) through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Work with the Sales team, the deal desk and the Knowledge base team to ensure optimal processing and answering of RFI’s and RFP’s.
- Oversee the resolution of identified issues with our partners, internal engineering and product teams.
- Communicate serious issues to internal and external stakeholders and keep them updated on their resolution.
- Work with external partners to find the best way to technically integrate our products & APIs into their solutions and help them with any obstacles they may encounter during their pre-sales activity.
- Promote solution selling versus product selling.
- Lead meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Communicates ForgeRock’s vision and aligns team and individual goals to achieve business results
- Provides leadership and ensures development of the team's domain knowledge
- Recruits, builds and develops the team to deliver business results; identifies, develops and promotes high potential employees
- Recommends and/or approves people related decisions – hiring, promotions, merit increases, rewards and recognition, training initiatives etc.
- Drives performance review and development planning process with annual and quarterly review meetings
- Coaches/mentors individuals and the team, identifies and executes opportunities for development and enablement
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to business requirements
- Has established multi-vertical C level contacts in large Enterprise customers
- Drives initiatives which result in improvement in customer satisfaction
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years people management experience
- 7+ years’ work experience as developer, product manager, product support engineer or a similar job with a technical background
- BS in Business Administration required; MBA degree preferred
- Persistent when troubleshooting complicated technical issues
- Consistent Cross functional interlock with all lines of business at ForgeRock
- Being able to think outside of the box
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A curious and proactive mind set as well as a customer-oriented attitude
- Outstanding presentation and client-facing skills
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in knowledge of technology
- Team player attitude is a must
- Ability to hire and train new Solution Architects
- History of successfully leading a team of pre-sales engineers
- Experience of working remotely and travelling regularly
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!