Staff Software Engineer
Engineering | UK - Bristol Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock, the innovative global open source Identity vendor headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is currently hiring for Staff Software Engineers to join our team! If you have a strong software engineering background and want an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company, you will love working in our ultra casual, life focused environment where we put the emphasis on providing the tools, benefits and perks in place that allow you to focus on your work while maintaining balance to your life.
- Lead, design and develop large scale, robust, and cutting-edge Java based identity management products
- Work closely with product management and architects to improve the products and develop new features
- Lead key areas of product development
- Provide mentoring and coaching to engineering team
- Managing tasks independently and efficiently to timescales/ plans
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to help them resolve customer issues
- Direct interaction with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing large scale applications using Java
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Expert grounding in modern software engineering practices and design patterns
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Highly experience in the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Possess the desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Good understanding of and experience in Agile methodologies within a fast paced software development environment
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science/Engineering or related subject
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Here are just a few of the great things ForgeRock’s got going:
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to escape rooms and boat trips
- A wicked smart team within one of the best office environments in Bristol
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Flexible work environment & working from home
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!