Senior Staff QA Engineer
Engineering | Vancouver, WA
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
This is an exciting opportunity for those looking for a Senior QA Engineering opportunity in a high tech, internationally focused environment and are experienced software quality and test professionals with the ability to deliver quality products to market on time.
As a person you are motivated, structured, and autonomous. You will be technically sharp and a strong negotiator who likes to work within a global team, helping others to do their job more easily. You take pride in your work, knowing that it will be used in mission-critical environments and maintained by others. You like to acquire new knowledge and you are flexible in relation to working with many different types of tasks. You understand that there are some repetitive tasks involved in any position and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to every challenge whether large or small.
- Leading the QA team in the execution of tests on large scale, robust, and cutting-edge identity management products
- Mentor, develop and coach members of the QA team
- Record test results, file defect reports and complete all test activities
- Provide status reporting on test activity
- Engage with senior engineering team on a daily basis
- Develop automated tests and scripts
- Interact with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
- Work with the product management team, support and engineering to improve the products
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 6-8+ years experience of hands-on testing and experience of managing testing teams
- Experience of and a passion for developing and coaching team members
- Strong communications skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Solid grounding in modern software engineering practices
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, Continuous Integration, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience of test automation using open source or commercial testing tools
- Experience in the deployment of web applications and technologies
- B.S. or equivalent degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline
- Possess the desire to learn and the curiosity to understand how and why things work
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skill
- Unix/Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Expertise with identity and access management products and concepts
- Experience with Windows and Virtual Machine Environments
- Some travel to France and Czech Republic on occasion.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.