Senior Staff Cloud Engineer
Engineering | Bristol, UK
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to play a key role in designing, developing, supporting and improving artifacts used to facilitate deployment of the ForgeRock Identity Platform across multiple cloud providers using Kubernetes. This person will work closely with our platform and cloud engineering teams to build the foundation of the company’s future business in the Cloud.
As a key member of the Cloud Deployment team, this is a development/engineering role to design, build, deliver and support secure deployments running in containers for the modern world. This requires the candidate to be able to create complex virtual machine environments, storage, network architecture and networking on multiple cloud platforms using Kubernetes as the orchestration framework.
The end goal is to ensure that ForgeRock continues to deliver world class web access our identity management products that are built for the cloud.
- Understand ForgeRock Identity products and how they can be best deployed in the Cloud.
- Investigate or build tools, scripts and utilities to automate the creation of complex environments on different cloud platforms.
- Develop Docker images, Helm charts or Kubernetes manifests to create packages that can be repeatedly deployed in a highly available way on multiple Kubernetes environments.
- Template a cloud model that can be applied across majority of customers today.
- Manage all the source code, artifacts and configurations in a controlled manner.
- Maintain and support ForgeRock cloud artifacts, docker images, file-based configurations and assist in troubleshooting of them.
- Document work following best practices relating to server infrastructure, containers, and cloud computing technologies.
- Install, execute, monitor, analyse ForgeRock products in a continuous way using Prometheus, Grafana or other monitoring tools.
- Secure the deployment and infrastructure in an automated fashion.
- Work closely with local and remote development teams, evangelize the need, and aid documentation, testing and other product teams in all aspects of cloud-based activities.
- Act as a specialist to advise engineers about Cloud deployment patterns
- Communicating information and findings verbally and in writing.
- Liaise with ForgeRock teams, partners and customers
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in deployment of large-scale web access or identity management products
- Real production-based knowledge of DevOps with containers, using Docker and Kubernetes, ideally on one or more of GKE, EKS or AKS.
- Understand in detail Kubernetes concepts, tools (kubectl), package manager (Helm)
- Expertise on the latest Cloud compute, load balancing and scaling, storage, networking, security and virtualization technologies
- Working experience of administering or operating on cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- How to use DevOps workflow to go from development stage to qa and production in to continuous/automated pipeline.
- Use of modern CI/CD tools for delivery and automation
- Familiarity of configuration management with Git/Bitbucket/Stash
- Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Identity and Access Management experience a major plus
- Load, scalability, systems or performance testing experience
- Exposure to other tools such as Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform
- Any professional services, architecture or deployment experience
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!