Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Cloud | US - Vancouver, WA - Remote
ForgeRock®, one of the fastest growing identity vendors in the world, provides the leading open identity platform for ensuring your customers are at the centre of everything digital — whether it be through a laptop, mobile phone, tablet, connected car, healthcare wearable, connected home device or the next great connected innovation.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, invented identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our startup culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
What we want:
Are you an inquisitive, passionate, problem solver? Do you work daily to make a difference in the work-life of your own team, and those teams that count on you? Site Reliability Engineering builds tools, processes, and develops code that leads directly to customer satisfaction. If you are interested in joining a customer-focused company that is excited by technology and you have the SRE skills, we look forward to hearing from you. This position is available for remote work.
What this role looks like to us:
Attend the daily team stand up, collaborate with fellow engineers solving important problems, and performing code reviews. You will reach all over the company landscape as you strive to put right what once went wrong. Establishing relationships, guiding practices, overcoming complex challenges, and learning each day how best to shape emerging technologies to produce highly reliable, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- Jump in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Deliver successful services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, security hardening, capacity and launch reviews.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, understanding trends and capabilities of the service.
- Improve systems sustainably using automation, and evolve systems by leading changes that increase availability and velocity.
- Participate in incident response, on-call rotations, and blameless retrospectives with the goal of discovering the best approach to prevent future occurrences of the same issue.
- Ability to say No. With clear, understandable conclusions backed by data that show the business the whys and how to move forward appropriately.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.