Distinguished Security Engineer
Information Security | US – San Francisco, CA- Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is on an ambitious path to release a SaaS version of our identity platform, and to ensure this platform has all the right security features built-in from the very beginning. You will join a small team of highly talented security engineers who are working alongside their engineering colleagues to deliver a world-class identity service. This is a dual purpose role, you will write security related code for the new SaaS platform that automatically implements the desired security controls in areas such as data isolation, secrets management, and boundary protection. You will also deliver innovative enterprise security solutions, selecting, deploying, and integrating people, processes, and tools to protect the company and our customers.
- Lead Solving Security Engineering Puzzles: As a senior technical leader in the organization, perform as an integrated member of the engineering teams to lead the incorporation of highly effective, cost-efficient security measures into greenfield engineering designs for new identity service offerings. Leveraging your well-rounded background in host, network, application, and container security you will engineer and write the code to implement security capabilities in the new service offerings and across the company. You’ll help the technology and business teams identify, prioritize, and implement a comprehensive, resilient architecture that will ensure security is built-in to the service offerings from the very start. You will also mentor less senior engineers across the organization in building their engineering skills.
- Defend ForgeRock from Cyber Attack: Lead the creation or selection, implementation, integration, and use of security capabilities such as attack detection and vulnerability management systems across all parts of the business, with a focus on automation and API-based integration. Stay current on modern threats and attack patterns/methods and provide recommendations on the best ways for ForgeRock to mitigate the threats/attacks.
- Automate and Measure Everything that Matters: Using your strong expertise in automation and integration with a modern programming or scripting language, you will create automation patterns to be used by engineering teams across the company. You will be a champion driving the organization to automate and integrate the core security solutions into a highly effective cyber defense system. Being data driven you will measure the success of the security solutions with metrics and dashboards, continually improving the effectiveness of the overall security capabilities.
- Lead internal vulnerability management efforts, including network vulnerability scanning, web application security testing, and other specific security assessment efforts. Utilizing advanced knowledge of vulnerability management tools and techniques, design and deploy automated vulnerability scanning/tracking/reporting capabilities across the global infrastructure.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.