Software Engineer (UI/UX)
Cloud Solutions | US - San Francisco, CA - Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. We assume you can read and have access to the internet, so please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
We are looking for passionate engineers, with an appetite for learning, to join our high performing team. We believe in the principles of agile software development; allowing us to fluidly adapt to new requirements and situations as they arise. We ship code as early as we possibly can, getting features into customer hands is a top priority and collecting their feedback to help us deliver a phenomenal solution. We are constantly tuning our approach to meet customer needs as efficiently and quickly as possible. This role is responsible for the delivery of high impact client focused features for our online identity services and enabling a great end-to-end experience for our customers. This position is available for remote work from home.
Attend the daily team stand up and collaborate with fellow engineers solving challenging problems via pair programming, code reviews, white-boarding, retrospectives and spikes. Initiative is important to us and we're big fans of working smarter over harder in our self organizing teams, but we are also careful to make sure new team members have the support they need to ramp up and learn. With that in mind this role will be closely partnered with a senior engineer without high initial expectations of autonomy, but there is a huge opportunity for you to grow with ForgeRock.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience with CSS3/HTML5 best practices - including but not limited to responsive, adaptive, preprocessors, prefetch/preconnect/preload
- Experience with or desire to learn Typescript
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around/through/with them
- Experience partnering with API developers
- CI/CD evangelist
- Disagree and Commit
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously working to adapt to ever evolving customer needs
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.