Senior Technical Consultant
Services | UK - Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock, the innovative Identity vendor headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is currently hiring for a Senior Technical Consultant to join our global services team!
At ForgeRock we have a network of partners who carry out the installation and implementation projects to deploy the ForgeRock platform for our customers. As a ForgeRock Senior Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for technical leadership, mentoring, and guidance to our customers and partners on the best practices for deploying the ForgeRock Identity Platform. The role is varied at many levels, through activities, interacting with different customers, at different locations, in different stages of implementations, and using different parts of the platform. As such this role will require availability to travel up to 70% of the time. Often you will be the sole ForgeRock representative onsite in a challenging customer situation. Becoming a trusted technical advisor to our customers and partners will be a key factor for success.
- The delivery of Technical Mentoring packages to ForgeRock customers - advisory workshops of 3-5 days, including customer visits, analysis and report writing.
- Mentoring and assisting in the development of internal and external technical resources.
- Assist the support team with issues requiring deployment expertise.
- Assist the Sales and Pre-Sales teams around Professional Services areas such as mentoring packages and delivery/implementation questions.
- Developing resources for the delivery of mentoring packages (e.g., report templates, delivery guides)
- Become an active member of the ForgeRock community: writing blog posts, wiki articles and generally evangelising ForgeRock software and technology
- Speaking at ForgeRock and community events on topics involving the successful design and implementation of solutions based on the ForgeRock software.
- Work as an assessor to accredit partner resources.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience working in a consulting capacity with a minimum of 5 years working directly in the Identity and Access Management space.
- At least 3 years’ Java platform experience (development experience preferred).
- Previous experience of ForgeRock Identity Platform software (or ancestors thereof) desirable.
- Previous experience of leading technical implementation teams an advantage.
- Previous experience of TCP/IP networking, Virtual/Cloud Machines and deployment automation tools highly desirable.
- Experience of working within a distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Referenceable consulting and implementation experience as a leading light in IAM projects
- Proven excellent communication - both verbal and written: your content will help support our worldwide customer base and partner network.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or science discipline (masters preferred, Computer Science advantageous).
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative, not afraid of taking risks, organized, able to work independently and manage communications appropriately across distance and time zones
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!