Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Marketing | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
In this role, the Competitive Intelligence Analyst will provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation. You will partner with product marketing, sales and product management to produce actionable insights and content with an emphasis on creation of sales enablement tools and presentations. You have a passion for conducting research, are highly motivated and a self-starter that thinks outside the box. In order to be successful, you will be data driven with prior experience conducting industry and market research.
- Collect data on competitors’ products, pricing, and market conditions, and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Compile and analyze statistical data using both modern and traditional methods
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make insightful recommendations
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on competitors product releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties’ research and implement best practices for tracking this information and making it easily available to internal stakeholders
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, and training with new information favorably positioning ForgeRock against the competition
- Develop, present, and maintain regular sales trainings
- Provide support to sales teams upon request
- Work closely with product marketing, product management and sales
- Ability to provide market level or strategic level analysis for senior executives is also important as this role may occasionally require presenting information to the senior management team
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Competitive analysis skills, including understanding of customer needs and business goals
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliverables to drive to successful completion
- Strong attention to detail and ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Clear, strong, and precise writing skills along with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology messages into insightful sales value drivers
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor; personally successful
- Quality obsessed, but in a good way. Committed to integrity
- Action oriented, positive, A+ player that is a self-starter and builds a highly motivational environment around themselves
- Motivated to build a business, delivering value to the industry and shareholders
- Background in technical marketing, pre-sales engineering or product development roles is a plus
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.