Manager, IT Operations
IT | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you an experienced people manager with a strong technical background in Desktop systems architecture, service desk and operations? Do you enjoy mentoring and growing teams, helping them learn new technologies and different ways of working to improve their ability to deliver change to the organization? If you have experience in monitoring, service desk management, and improving core IT services while leading the charge in improving internal customer experience.
This person manages a small, talented desktop team within ForgeRock IT. This leader will be responsible for delivery of all aspects of desktop support and internal IT systems.
- Technical Expert for IT Operations: As a highly skilled desktop engineer, you are the technical lead for the team. You leverage your expertise in designing, deploy, and support the desktop infrastructure. You will have extensive knowledge of macOS, iOS and Windows. You will be designing MDM systems from concept to delivery to the business. You will be evaluating the latest hardware and software and working extensively with internal partners to deliver the environment the business requires. You will be working with security teams to ensure the very highest levels of security. You will monitor and resolve issues before they become incidents and plan for any upcoming business needs.
- Lead a Highly Performing Team: You will draw upon several years of experience leading high-performance teams as you help the IT Operations team be recognized as one that is fanatical about customer service. You will be excited about holding the team to high standards for performance, teamwork, and accountability while providing an environment that fosters a high level of job satisfaction and morale for team members. A key measure of your success and that of the team overall will be employee and customer satisfaction.
- Jamf, MDM Leveraging your prior experience with similar projects, you will lead the effort to move to a Jamf MDM environment. You will design a MDM infrastructure that leverages Zero Touch and enforces the very latest security advancements.
- Measure Everything that Matters: Using your experience and passion with leading improvements to IT systems with metrics and data, you will be a champion driving the organization to monitor and measure the reliability and effectiveness of the IT Operation systems and processes with metrics and dashboards, continually improving effectiveness and customer satisfaction, ensuring key SLAs are met.
- Be a Trusted Business Partner: Your background demonstrates a strong consultative style that allows you to build close relationships with key leaders across the company, understand their business needs/objectives, and deliver innovative IT solutions that help the company achieve its goals. You are well-versed in agile methods, how to apply them in an IT context, and will use those methods to help the IT team deliver incremental change quickly to the business.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in macOS/Windows Desktop systems administration with 3 years of experience in formal leadership/people management roles.
- Demonstrated expertise on Jamf, InTune and one linux distribution.
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and methods
- Experience in using automated metrics to measure technology and process effectiveness and consistency.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a distributed, customer-focused, efficient and effective system engineering function for medium to large global enterprises.
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to plan for the future in order to avoid/eliminate issues
- Demonstrated experience in assessing talent, handling performance and making tough decisions.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.