Engineering | Bristol, UK Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
This is an exciting opportunity for those looking for a Staff UI Engineer to play an integral part in building out all aspects of user interface for our state-of-the-art identity management products. If you are looking for a demanding and challenging environment in a high-tech, internationally focused environment…now is your chance to make your mark.
As a person you are motivated, structured, and autonomous. You take pride in your work, knowing that it will be used in mission-critical environments and maintained by others. You like to acquire new knowledge and you are flexible in relation to working with many different types of tasks. You understand that there are some repetitive tasks involved in any position and you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to every challenge whether large or small.
- Work on all aspects of user interface development for the ForgeRock identity management products
- Collaborate closely with the product management, architects, and customers to translate use cases and requirements into simple responsive user interfaces
- Work independently on development tasks, guiding others when required
- Collaborate closely with support and sustaining teams to understand how our customers interact with the products
- Direct input into the design and implementation of modern web applications
- Interact with ForgeRock open source user and developer communities
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-10 years experience of UI development
- Proven experience of hands-on UI development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet
- Solid ground in modern software engineering best practices
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Desire to learn and curiosity to understand how and why things work
- B.S. degree in an Engineering or Science Discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Comfortable working within distributed global teams Highly Desired
- Expertise with identity and access management products and concepts
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!