Major Account Executive (North)
Sales | Canada - Toronto - Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Reporting to the local Regional Vice President, this is a strategic sales role as we accelerate our growth at this crucial stage in our company’s development. You will be tasked with driving sales within your sector, working within a quarterly cycle.
ForgeRock’s growth now requires repeatable success. You will have evidence of solution selling and success, with experience in building extraordinary customer relationships and role modeling your behaviors within a team. The ability to leverage the partner community, architect solutions and reach into a well established network is required elements for future success.
In order to acquire, retain and extend customer relationships, you will be a high performer who uses data, previous experience and current feedback to finesse your approach. Focused on the work needed to be done, and culturally conscious of the way to do the work, you will be constantly aware of the true measurements of success. Your mind set should be passionate, authentic and hungry, with a natural ability to find the best opportunities and to drive them to successful conclusion.
- Creates, implements, measures and reviews an individual plan that drives achievement of performance goals aligned to the Regional sales strategy
- Devises how to position and articulate ForgeRock’s value proposition at sector customers, with a view to increasing average deal size
- Negotiate and close complex enterprise contracts with global partners and customers
- Reports on sales activity and forecasts to senior management
- Prepares indicative subscription pricing and customer offers, including reviewing broader opportunities such as training and professional services modules, and leads Request for Proposal responses
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to expand business activities within areas of responsibility
- Plans and controls the expense associated with area of responsibility even if not responsible for overall cost center
- Establishes working relationships with external parties which support the achievement of business goals
- Complies with all relevant systems and procedures
- Provides customer feedback to marketing, customer success, product management and engineering teams
- Coaches/mentors new team members as requested by the RVP
- Accurately forecasts and achieves sales targets
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to opportunities
- Works collaboratively to acquire additional/specialist resources as required, including legal, finance and marketing
- Has established sector-related C level contacts in large Enterprise customers
- Builds relationships with customers (internal or external) as necessary – previous executive engagement and network is essential to the success of this role
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree (MBA desirable but not essential) or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in technology sales and account management
- Results oriented with multiple years meeting or exceeding quota
- Experience working in a US global matrixed organization
- Good interpersonal skills to align and foster positive working relationships across the organization
- Industry/Vertical market knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
- Partner Knowledge
- Sales best practices
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!