Technical Program Manager - Compliance
Information Security | US - Vancouver, WA Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you an experienced and highly collaborative technical program manager, with a balance of project management, security and compliance depth along with strong communication skills? Are you excited about an opportunity to build a new company-wide security compliance program, working closely with teams across the business to create new controls that integrate seamlessly into their daily work processes while making it easy to demonstrate the effectiveness of the controls during an audit? If this is you, then we want to speak with you!
- Lead a comprehensive security compliance program: As the security compliance program owner for ForgeRock, you will partner with technical and administrative teams across the company to identify, track and mitigate security compliance gaps. You will help these teammates determine the best way to implement their controls in a way that is automated, creates the needed evidence, and is easy to audit. You will lead security policy development to close policy gaps. This will require that you have at least 3 years of experience helping highly technical organizations implement security controls from the ground up in direct support of a major compliance effort (SOC 2 and ISO 27001 are preferred).
- Manage the ongoing audit process: Be the primary person liaising with auditors, improving documentation, tracking progress and performance, coordinating all improvement efforts, monitoring process improvement effectiveness, and regularly communicating and presenting to leadership teams at all levels of the company.
- Provide day-to-day program management: Leveraging your program management experience, you will develop the metrics and reporting needed to track the implementation of the first major security compliance program for the company. Once rolled out, you will create a rhythm of the business for managing changes to the compliance framework, control environment and in the preparing of audits. You will also:
- develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support all compliance programs.
- assist with linking policy, standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operation and compliance policies.
- drive process improvement and control implementation projects. This includes the resolution of audit findings and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
- Proactively resolve problems that would negatively impact program timelines or scope: Leaning on your superlative oral and written communication skills along with exceptional stakeholder relationship management you’ll be able to see problems before they impact the program and proactively work with the required teams to eliminate them. Your data-driven analysis and excellent problem-solving skills help you lead the team to the correct solution.
- Focus on repeatability and automation: Being able to regularly report on and demonstrate compliance in response to audit requests is a key deliverable of the program. Your experience in building standardized processes that heavily leverage automation for reporting and auditing will be critical to success in this area. Ideally ForgeRock will be able to demonstrate compliance at any moment in time, with little notice, and no additional manual effort required to collect the required audit data and artifacts.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.