IT | US - San Francisco Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
Are you an experienced system engineer with a technical background in Linux systems engineering, development, and operations? Do you enjoy working as part of a small team, learning new technologies and different ways of working? If you have experience in deploying and supporting production Linux systems/applications on-premise while being part of migrating workloads to the cloud, we’d love to talk with you about making a difference with ForgeRock!
This person works as a member of a small, globally distributed team of talented systems engineers within ForgeRock IT. We will work together to deliver excellence to the company, with a focus on outstanding customer experience and delivery.
- Support Production Linux Systems: As an experienced Linux system engineer, you leverage your experience in deploying, and supporting performant and scalable Linux systems to deliver system engineering services for the company. You are part of a team that keeps the existing bare metal Docker and VMware-based Linux systems performing well, monitor and resolve issues before they become incidents, and help in capacity planning. You ensure the systems have a sound backup and recovery plan that is tested regularly, and you assist with the work to keep core engineering applications (Confluence, Jira, Stash, Artifactory, Jenkins) updated.
- Migrate Systems to Cloud: Assist the team with the effort to move business-critical systems from on-premise and collocation facilities onto a public cloud (IaaS) platform. You will work with Terraform, Puppet, and Gitlab to help the team ensure the systems deployed on the cloud platform are easy to build, can be updated regularly without downtime, and are managed in a consistent way with automation.
- Measure Everything that Matters: Using your experience and passion for being proactive and preventing problems, you will deploy tools and processes to help the team monitor and measure the reliability and effectiveness of the IT networks, systems and processes with metrics and dashboards, continually improving effectiveness and customer satisfaction, ensuring key SLAs are met.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.