Principal Solution Architect
Sales | US - San Francisco - Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren’t your typical high-tech company and aren’t looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren’t afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we’re growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We’re decidedly creative, we’re always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we’re on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for experienced presales people with a passion for Identity and its application. The candidate should have strong experience in the Federal space, both defense agencies and civilian organizations. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Identity and Access Management solutions/technologies, comfort conveying the value of a proposed solution to both technical and business audiences, experience with development and integration tasks for Identity solutions. Interest/experience with DevOps, microservices, IOT, and/or specific vertical expertise is a plus.
As a Principal Solution Architect, you will leverage your expertise to provide thought leadership on possible applications of the ForgeRock Identity solutions that extend beyond the traditional use of an IAM stack. Accordingly, you will help make an impact with an industry leading technology that is growing quickly and aggressively. You will work with an innovative and market leading team, interact with global customers and interact daily with world leading technologists.
- Work together with the sales team - qualify prospects on solution fit and delivery needs
- Delivery of various pre-sales activities including; developing and planning conceptual solution presentations, conceptual/proposed solution demonstrations, providing technical/product guidance in meetings, responding to RfXs, and clearly and effectively communicate solution value to business and technical audiences
- Provide technical guidance to customers and partners, i.e. Customized demonstrations, Proof of Concepts, and technical workshops
- Deliver services to clients and partners in a pre-sales environment
- Hand off pre-sales efforts to a post-sales service delivery team
- Open to travel 25% to 50% as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience in professional services or technical field support positions
- Successful experience with Identity and/or Access Management (IDM / IAM) products
- Track record of success in a pre-sales environment for a software solutions business
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; verbal, written, and listening/understanding skills.
- Proven experience developing and delivering effective technical presentations, workshops, customized demonstrations, and proof of concepts
- Solid understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet.
- Strong experience working on Linux, Mac, & Windows with mixed skills around administration and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Self-sufficiency, a high degree of autonomy, and a passion for working in a startup venture
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’ve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you’re hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We’re Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.