At Forge (NYSE: FRGE), we know our team is our greatest asset. As technology innovators in the private market, our vision is to deliver a richer future for everyone. We live that vision through our values of being bold, humble and accountable. We experience the value that our vision brings to the world every day, helping the teams behind the greatest innovations of our generation, from space travel to planet-saving, plant-based nutrition and more.
With liquidity solutions, exclusive data and insights, a custody offering, and a vibrant marketplace, Forge’s goal is to build the best-in-class technology infrastructure to power a global private market that is transparent, accessible and seamless for companies, their employees and investors. Through Forge, employees can sell their private shares, employers can reward shareholders with pre-IPO liquidity and individual and institutional investors can participate in private unicorn growth.
Forge's differentiated global marketplace addresses rising demand among individual and institutional investors for exposure to private company stocks and it is building a growing network effect with defensible competitive advantages. The Forge marketplace has over 440,000 registered users and private shares have traded in more than 500 companies since inception, representing over $12 billion in volume across over 21,000+ transactions.
Our ability to offer these powerful financial solutions has generated incredible interest from investors, demand from customers, and a need to grow our team to meet the needs of more companies, teams and innovators in this way.
The FP&A Manager is an integral role within a rapidly growing company – with a primary function of enabling business leaders to drive performance with key financial data and insights. This role is a significant contributor to the financial planning process, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and internal reporting.
The FP&A Manager will collaborate with teammates to build and maintain critical systems, reports and analytics tools. You will leverage business and financial data to generate visibility, analysis and insights for teams across Forge and will build relationships with business unit and functional area management to drive actionable results. Your work will be highly visible across Forge.
- Support evolution of our core financial planning and related systems and processes with a focus on scalability and productivity
- Synthesize internal data from multiple sources into meaningful management reports and dashboards
- Provide in-depth reporting and analysis on performance with a focus on expenses by category and vendor
- Own administration of the Company’s planning tool (Adaptive) and ensure reconciliation with the Company’s accounting platforms
- Own planning and forecasting of expenses and capital requirements by business unit and functional area
- Participate in and inform potential build-out of robust cost allocation models to assess business line operating performance
- Own the headcount model – positions by department, hiring plans and related costs
- Work closely with functional and departmental heads to understand changes to the business and impact on costs and/or capital demands
- Develop communication methods and calendar to communicate Plan/forecast vs. actual results
- Support the annual planning process, track and report on performance relative to plan, and help manage ongoing forecasts
- Collaborate with Controllership to prepare financial reporting packages that communicate key metrics and trends to executive stakeholders
- Manage staff to achieve the above and to further their career objectives
- BS or MBA in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive relevant experience ideally with a combination of accounting and FP&A
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, pivot table, and report building skills
- NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, and BI tool experience ideal
- Experience with financial reporting, forecasting, variance analysis, and analysis across the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- Strong analytical abilities with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with implementing, improving and automating processes
- Strong business partnering and effective presentation and communication skills
- A holistic view of business strategy, processes and financial objectives and an understanding of the story behind the numbers
- Focus on problem-solving and solution development
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting or in home office setting while working
Forge implements a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which applies to all employees. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Forge. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses. Employees must provide truthful and accurate information about their COVID-19 vaccination status, and, if applicable, their testing results as of the first date of their employment.
Employees may request an exception from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Forge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.