ForeVR Games is a VR gaming startup of industry vets from EA, GLU, Zynga and the Walt Disney Company and is based in California. Starting with the release of the hit game ForeVR Bowl on the Oculus store, we’re on track to deliver several more titles in 2021. We’re headquartered in the Los Angeles area but we’re a distributed team with members around the world. We’re looking to add a Senior VR Game Engineer to our growing team.
Role of Senior VR Game Engineer at ForeVR
You’re a pro at Unity. You have familiarity with Android development, experience with virtual reality platforms (such as Oculus, Vive, PSVR), and have strong C# and mathematical skills. You’ve previously shipped titles. You can work independently, paired up, and with an entire team. You’ve provided mentorship to junior developers.
Sounds exciting? Take a look at the requirements below!
- 4+ years experience as an engineer on a game team
- 2+ shipped titles, preferably on embedded platforms
- Experience with virtual reality platforms (Oculus, Vive, PSVR)
- Unity Pro: At least 1 shipped project built in Unity3d
- Familiarity with Android development
- Master of C# programming language. Experience with C/C++ is desirable
- Strong understanding of linear algebra and other maths that power 3D gaming
- Strong proficiency with source control tools used in a team setting.
Great To Have
- Architected and owned critical game systems
- Knowledge of async and real time multiplayer architecture
- Understanding of social games mechanics
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts with a team