Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, Forethought’s mission is to "unlock human potential through AI.” Forethought is a leading AI company providing human-centered AI solutions that transform the customer experience. Our products enable seamless customer experiences by infusing intelligence at each stage of the customer support journey: resolving common cases instantly, predicting and prioritizing cases, and assisting agents with relevant knowledge—all from one AI platform.
Forethought has grown 22x in the past two years and has raised over $92M in VC funding from top investors including STEADFAST Capital Ventures, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary's Sound Ventures, Gwyneth Paltrow, NBA Vet Baron Davis, Robert Downey Jr., Sean "Diddy" Combs, LL Cool J, and the CEOs of Robinhood, Carta, and Qualtrics. In 2018, Forethought launched and won at TechCrunch Disrupt—the world's most prestigious startup competition—and was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30. More recently, Forethought was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups.
We're looking for world-class Backend Engineers to join our team! We're looking for folks with a growth mindset, who love to solve the world's hardest problems, and want to have an impact on the world by building next-generation AI solutions for customer support.
As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the features and underlying systems that power our core answer engine. You will interact with everything from our document indexing pipeline to our natural language query infrastructure written in Python. Our tech stack leverages top modern technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch.
What You'll Be Doing (Responsibilities):
- Develop backend micro services and infrastructure to expand our answer engine to support 1B+ documents and 100K+ QPS
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs
- Optimize the performance of our indexing, processing, and query pipelines
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems and the teams running them
- Implement state-of-the-art APIs for Question Answering, Machine Reading Comprehension, Text Summarization, in a scalable, production-ready
- Build systems to evaluate and tune the performance of a real-world deep learning system, from data collection to processing to model implementation to post-processing and visualization
Who You Are (Skills):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or a related field [Preferred]
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering role [Required]
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Experience writing high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of our customers
- Familiarity with MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with asynchronous APIs including FastAPI or Gevent
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Familiarity with containerization, MLOps, and DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Spinnaker)
- Familiarity with modern Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing / Natural Language Understanding (NLP, NLU), including Neural Networks, RNNs, seq2seq models, and real-world machine learning in TensorFlow (including regularization, cross-validation, dropout)
What You Get (Benefits):
- A chance to be an early member of a hyper-growth startup with equity to match
- An opportunity to help us define a new market within AI
- Ability to solve challenging problems with a world-class team
- A low-ego company culture that is obsessed with feedback and helping each other grow
- Hybrid work structure that allows you to choose where you get your best work done
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid maternity, paternity, & adoption leave
- Unlimited paid time off