Foresite Labs supports the next generation of healthcare entrepreneurs who will create innovative companies that transform the way that we discover and develop new medicines, and the way that we deliver care to patients in need. Foresite Labs systematically uses the tools of data science to create companies in healthcare that connect true changes in patient outcomes to all of the activities that are needed to develop, design and deploy therapeutics.
Our team derives insights from precision measurements and population-scale biology to address unmet clinical needs. Our goal is to create the preeminent portfolio of companies at the interface of data science and healthcare. The Genomics Discovery team applies insights from population-scale studies of human genetics to solve unmet clinical needs. We use human genetics to systematically dissect and understand human disease biology and develop and critically evaluate therapeutic hypotheses. We engage in translational research, transforming basic insights into therapeutic opportunities. Our work supports drug discovery and critical investment decision making and provides the core around which new ideas are realized and incubated.
We are looking for an applied statistical geneticist to join our team to support the development and testing of therapeutic hypotheses across disease domains. We offer a flexible work environment, a diverse set of projects, and a best-in-class peer group to learn from. This is a great opportunity to tackle a unique set of problems while shaping the future of healthcare. If you’re a statistical geneticist or genetic epidemiologist with interest in using your skills and experience to understand and improve human health, let’s talk.
- Analyze structured and unstructured clinical records data to define phenotypes for genetic association analyses and related activities.
- Collaborate with external investigators to establish clinical data workflows for established and emerging studies.
- Translate best-in-class and in-house developed methods into hardened workflows and systems.
- Distribute tools and results through software and publications.
- Work in close peer-to-peer collaboration with colleagues throughout Foresite on genomic discovery, validation, and target evaluation.
- Communicate findings and articulate platform requirements with internal and external stakeholders.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent in biostatistics, bioinformatics, clinical informatics, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience post-degree. Some industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with clinical data standards (ICD9/10, SNOMED, LOINC, etc.) and their uses in EHR systems.
- Experience collaborating with clinicians, biologists, and quantitative researchers in the definition of clinical phenotypes for genetic association analyses and related discovery analyses. Hands on experience modeling research phenotypes from large scale EHR- derived datasets such as UKB highly desired.
- Strong intuitive familiarity with statistical methods relevant to clinical data and related genetic association analyses (e.g., regression modeling, modeling with missing data, and multiple hypothesis testing).
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, pandas, sklearn), scripting languages (e.g., Python), and database languages (e.g., SQL).
- Expertise in data management and analysis in distributed computing environments using Scala/Spark framework a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, interactive, and fluid environment in a multidisciplinary team focused on therapeutically-relevant genomic discovery.
Foresite Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive on diversity and collaboration.