Force is reimagining the way patients recover from injury and surgery. We are partnered with leading health systems across the United States to deliver prescriptive plans of care to their patients, measure multiple clinical data points and provide actionable insights into care and recovery. We have a direct and immediate feedback loop to our end users (patients and providers) and pride ourselves in being agile and responsive.
Our ideal Engineering Manager has a background functioning as an individual technical contributor and transitioned into a management role. As a manager, you’ll work with engineers to make good technical decisions and support the career growth and development of the team. We’re looking for someone who loves writing code to solve technical challenges but also wants to lead high level strategic decision making and lead a technical team. You should be comfortable managing a wide range of responsibilities.
Our engineering team is currently composed of different engineering disciplines: frontend, backend, mobile app, devops and security. Our ideal candidate has experience developing web-based SaaS applications. As a leader, you’ll contribute to the team’s overall effectiveness, turn blockers into opportunities, and improve team workflows.
- Guide the technical direction and priorities of a team while ensuring the delivery of high quality, highly available software
- Grow, educate, mentor, hire, and retain a high-performing team with continuous delivery cadence in an agile environment
- Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, quality, scalability, privacy, and security
- Collaborate, design & ship new features in an innovative, iterative and mvp-driven mindset
- Focus on scaling our highly performant, mission critical platform, that helps connect patients and doctors everyday
- Foster strong cross-functional relationships across Engineering, Product, UI/UX, QA, and other internal teams in order to partner and create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA and SOC2 and applicable accessibility standards
- 5+ years of professional coding experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Strong architectural, design and development skills and ability to produce system design and architectural diagrams
- Experience with software project management (scrum and agile best practices)
- Experience with project management tools: Jira (or similar tool)
- Experience working in agile engineering teams: CI/CD, feature flags
- Experience with backend development: Python/Django, REST API integrations
- Experience with devops and infrastructure as code: Docker, Jenkins, Disaster Recovery
- Experience with AWS services: ECS/Fargate, RDS, CloudWatch
- Engineering core skills: system design, design patterns, data structures & algorithms, test frameworks