Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is growing its Crypto News Desk. The ideal candidate should be a trained journalist with some experience specifically writing about blockchain applications, including cryptocurrency, NFTs, and the metaverse. In addition to writing at least one to two stories a day, the reporter will help manage the @ForbesCrypto Twitter account, which reaches 500,000 followers, and cover local crypto events. Top candidates are able to quickly turn interviews and in-person events into stories with original angles, and are literate in basic crypto terminology and culture.
This is a staff position.
Location: Must be based in the U.S. Otherwise, no preference.
- Jump on breaking and major Web3 news stories that make sense for a general Forbes audience, quickly turning around articles with sharp, story-advancing approaches and angles.
- Identify fresh and interesting stories that have not already been widely shared.
- Brainstorm original approaches to the news.
- Report and write a minimum of four articles per week
- Clearly communicate across Forbes’ multiple editorial departments.
- Write accurate, lively and concise posts.
- Track down sources quickly for interviews when necessary.
- Strong headline writing skills, and comfort with any/all social media platforms.
- Strong interest in and basic knowledge of business news and financial coverage.
- 2+ year’s experience as a reporter, with specific crypto writing expertise.
- An understanding of business and finance topics.
- Proven ability at writing clearly, accurately and grammatically
- The ability to identify newsworthy, as well as shareable, stories that resonate with the target audience
- Understanding of the latest content trends and technologies, including content management systems like Wordpress, Social Media and SEO best practices
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.