Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is seeking a Director of Product Development, Web3 who will guide the vision and strategy for the development of new Web3-based offerings and the selective integration of related protocols and technologies into our existing product portfolio, including NFTs, digital assets content and tools, and paywall. The position will report to the VP of Product and will build and manage a team of product managers responsible for developing features, offerings and incentives, seeking opportunities for cultivating community and identifying opportunities for 3rd-party collaboration and partnership. This Director role will have a bias that focuses the team on execution and rapid iteration, and will also lead the charge on the definition, positioning and communication of a cohesive approach to leveraging blockchain technologies to help establish Forbes as an innovator in the Web3 arena.
As a Director of Product you will have deep domain experience in the Web3 arena and a proven record of launching and managing products. You will lead strategy, execution and delivery and collaborate with key business stakeholders and across product teams to define and implement best practices for product development that supports rapid experimentation, data-informed product decisions and delivering business value.
- Lead the development of a strategy that leverages blockchain protocols and technologies across our existing offerings and defines new and innovative products that help position Forbes as a Web3 leader in digital publishing
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the discovery, definition, design and delivery of products that leverage Web3 protocols and identify and engage Forbes.com users who are digital asset- or NFT-curious/owners
- Develop and own roadmaps for Web3 product strategies and drive product execution that promotes impeccable experiences and drives customer acquisition and retention across our digital offerings
- Lead, motivate and support a team of product managers to build an engaged community for Forbes NFT owners, find the path to seamless integration of Web2 content strategy and Web3 offerings related to cryptocurrencies, DAOs and metaverse
- Investigate and experiment with token-based loyalty programs and to manage the discovery and development of additional blockchain-driven features and offerings to support the broader organizational growth strategies
- Cultivate and/or support off-platform online W3 communities to gain positive attention in the space
- Own overall metrics around product usage and funnels for customer acquisition and partner with the Business Intelligence team to derive insights from site and user data to identify areas of opportunity
- Leverage data-driven insights to develop a deep understanding of users and audience segmentation strategies
- Conduct customer research, quantitative analysis and usability testing, driving rapid iteration and instill best practices for developing valuable and productive user experiences
- Provide the VP of Product and Chief Product Officer with insights on strategy, product usage / performance, competitive analysis and product roadmaps to be communicated to executive management
- Collaborate with engineering managers and the UX and product design team to establish repeatable, scalable, and adaptable processes
- Be a strong leader and compassionate, positive team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the company to get things done
- 5+ years experience building and shipping consumer-facing products, and at least 2 years’ experience in the blockchain/Web3 industry
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the consumer-oriented Web3 ecosystem, including protocol design, tokenomics, user safety, security, growth marketing and community engagement
- Shines when working with cross-functional teams and bringing stakeholders together in decision-making
- Experience leveraging analytical inputs to create well-rounded and sustainable solutions
- Track-record of operating at a high strategic level, while also being able to quickly drill down into the particulars of technology and user needs
- Positive, collaborative approach to problem solving and to building relationships within the team and across the company
- Ability to leverage intuition, thrive and make decisions in an ambiguous environment and operate with intrapreneurial autonomy
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to work collaboratively with engineering and design teams
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.