Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is hiring a Senior Analyst within our Business Intelligence team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and curious individual to join a dynamic and growing team.
This role will work closely with teams across the organization, including product, growth, editorial, ad ops, and sales to develop actionable insights and meaningful recommendations that drive business decisions. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has an inclination for problem-solving, a team player interacting well with multifunctional team members, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a background in data and analytics.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and perform proactive, in-depth analysis based on knowledge of stakeholder KPIs
- Serve as a subject matter expert on tools and datasets and actively mentor and support analysts
- Guide stakeholders and leadership on analytical resources and how to interpret data and take meaningful action
- Support of our Business Intelligence tool (Looker) – Playing a key role in the automation of transparent reporting and communication across the organization
- Develop best practices for cross-functional knowledge transfer and documentation
- Own projects end-to-end, from initial requirements and data gathering to analysis and final deliverables
- Advance the BI Insights team towards predictive analytics
- Collaborate with the rest of the BI organization to develop and maintain internal consistency and long-term scalability
- Play an active role in the growth of Forbes’ Data and Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required
- Must have strong analytical skills, curiosity, and passion for working with numbers
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Digital Analytics
- Experience querying databases (BigQuery strongly preferred) and familiarity with python preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (preferably Looker)
- Experience using Web Analytics (Google Analytics is strongly preferred)
- Strong Excel skills, with knowledge in advanced formulas and interactive charting
- Attention to detail and able to juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to self-motive and work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness and desire to learn and stay current with evolving technologies and toolsets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly in communicating data and analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.