Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is hiring a Data Analyst (Insights) within our Business Intelligence team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and curious individual to join a dynamic and growing team.
This role will support a wide array of teams including product, growth, editorial, ad ops, and sales to craft compelling data-driven stories to take to market as well as generate meaningful and actionable insights that drive business decisions. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has an inclination for problem-solving, a team player interacting well with multifunctional team members, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has a background and interest in data and analytics.
- Generate queries, dashboards, and reports using complex datasets from range of platforms to facilitate actionable insights and recommendations.
- Formulate regular and ad hoc analyses of cross-channel, cross-platform, and cross-segment analyses drawing from both third-party and first-party data sources of traffic, audience, content, and advertising
- Development and support of Business Intelligence tool (Looker) – Playing a key role in the automation of transparent reporting and communication across the organization
- Contribute to the analysis of site performance and A/B testing to generate key insights
- Play an active role in the growth of Forbes’ Data and Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required
- Must have strong analytical skills, curiosity, and passion for working with numbers
- One to three years of relevant work experience in Digital Analytics
- Demonstrated experience with SQL (preferably BigQuery)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (preferably Looker)
- Experience using Web Analytics (Google Analytics is strongly preferred)
- Strong Excel skills, with knowledge in advanced formulas and interactive charting
- Possess attention to detail while being able to maintain focus on the larger picture
- Ability to self-motive and work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness and desire to learn and stay current with evolving technologies and toolsets
- Strong communication skills and can clearly communicate data findings in laypeople’s language to various audiences with differing degrees of research and technical knowledge
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.