Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is seeking a Group Product Manager to lead the product vision and strategy for our brand-defining Lists product portfolio, including premium profiles subscription products and related self-service platform. Reporting to a Director of Product Development, the Group Product Manager is a player-coach on the Product team who will have the opportunity to develop product features that drive KPI growth and manage a team that plays a critical role in the development and evolution of Forbes lists and profiles as SEO-optimized trusted resources and as drivers of consumer revenue while defining valuable and productive experiences for our users. You will own the premium profiles subscription products and self-service platform while also supporting the team by with editorial and business teams to help identify ways to improve scalability, monetization opportunities and to optimize content performance as well as SEO value through technical improvements for the broader lists and profiles products.
- Oversee the product vision, drive product strategy and execution to support the audience growth and revenue goals of Forbes’ premium profiles and self-service platform
- Translate data and insights into innovative product ideas and a roadmap aligned with premium profiles and consumer growth business objectives, supported by business cases, market research, user data and competitive analysis
- Build momentum and alignment to shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption with a focus on learning, rapid testing and iteration
- Coach a team of product managers on collaboration with editorial teams, designers and engineers to conceptualize, build and optimize features and to identify and test ways of increasing the performance of our list- and profile-related content and the database and tools that support it
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to lead, motivate and support a team responsible for the discovery, definition, design and delivery of both front-end and related database and platform products and features that support the lists and profiles strategies
- Partner with and lead strategic conversations with key internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and refine strategy and requirements
- Conduct ongoing market, competitive and customer research, quantitative analysis and usability testing, driving rapid iteration and instill best practices for developing valuable and productive user experiences
- Demonstrate clear leadership and support for the lists and profiles product team by building process, instituting best practices and providing guidance while establishing expectations and goals for the team
- At least 5 years of product management experience, building and shipping consumer-facing products
- Ideal candidates strive for big-picture vision yet have the drive and attention to detail to execute with your team
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen. (Digital publishing and/or memberships and subscriptions experience is a PLUS.)
- Proven track record of full responsibility through the product life cycle in an Agile-based environment, including extensive cross-functional and stakeholder exposure and management
- Experience leveraging analytical inputs to develop well-rounded and sustainable solutions, and the ability to use data and metrics to evaluate success and assess new opportunities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment and adapt quickly to changing needs
- Great team player with a positive, strategic approach to problem solving and to respectfully building relationships and collaborating within the team and across the company
- Desire to manage both products and people, and to be an inspiring and effective leader with enthusiasm for developing skills and experience in the team
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire collaborators, stakeholders and executives to drive strategic alignment and positive outcomes
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.