Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is seeking a generalist to join our growing Legal Department. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience (experience in the media and/or entertainment industry a plus), with a strong command of contract, transactional/commercial law and experience discussing complex legal issues in plain English with cross-functional teams and clients.
What You'll Do
- Review, draft, and negotiate a high volume of commercial agreements, including deals relating to sales, marketing, live events, content, corporate, vendors (e.g., ad technology; SaaS; service providers) and other media-related matters and transactions, with a heavy focus on hands-on drafting.
- Advise marketing, sales, live events, brand and commerce teams from initial stages of product/project development through launch.
- Advise various business teams, Human Resources, IT, Finance and other internal departments on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, and business strategy.
- Assist on a variety of dispute resolution and matters.
- Support the continuous improvement and updating of standard form agreements, legal processes, and compliance practices.
- Be a team player that is always ready to jump in and help on almost any issue.
What You Have
- 3+ years of experience (experience in the media and/or entertainment industry a plus).
- Must be an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in New York or New Jersey.
- Must be comfortable managing a high volume of projects from multiple sources simultaneously.
- Proven ability to establish relationships with stakeholders across a multitude of disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work autonomously.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.