Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is looking for enthusiastic Assistant Editors, Contributors to manage our 2,600-person digital newsroom of Contributors to ensure a steady output of high-quality journalism. Assistant Editor, Contributors will work across the newsroom and with Product, Video, Social, Audience Development and Newsletter teams to create exciting new editorial projects using our Contributors as talent. Each Assistant Editor, Contributors will be assigned a cadre of Contributors grouped together by subject matter: Money & Markets, Leadership & Communities, Innovation & Technology, Consumer Business, Breaking News and more. This unique position leverages a strong network of writers and experts to create engaging content across all beats.
- Ensure his/her/their group of Contributor talent produce high-quality editorial posts and products.
- Analyze audience data for strategic decision-making on coverage and provide actionable guidance to Contributors.
- Monitor the news and pitch stories to contributors for daily coverage and second-day takes.
- Train and support contributors on how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools.
- Manage onboarding; payment and CMS issues for assigned group of Contributors.
- Screen Contributor copy for red flags and other issues.
- Partner with Deputy Editors in the recruitment of new Contributors and regular evaluation of current roster to ensure quality, in partnership with section editors.
- Work with Contributors Lead and Editorial Counsel to resolve post-publication issues.
Collaborate with the entire newsroom on impactful and engaging content that is authentic to the Forbes brand
- Bachelor’s degree
- Keen news judgment
- An interest in the intersection of business, and, well, everything, from taxes and venture capital to entertainers and politics
- Experience in multi-platform journalism, from working on newsletters and video series and podcasts to collaborating with data analysts and social media to increase audience and engagement
- A well-rounded view of the world with the ability to find angles that feel authentic to Forbes and will engage readers
- Minimum of 2 years experience (including internships or fellowships) working in a newsroom or media outlet preferred
- Experience project managing a team of freelancers or contributors on either an ongoing basis or project-by-project a plus
- Be a driver who is organized and plays well with others
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operating efficiently in a team dynamic
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an eye for detail
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.