Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
We are looking for a rising star who can hit the ground supporting both communications campaigns in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment. This person will have excellent writing and attention-to-detail skills with an ability to develop succinct key messages quickly in a fast-paced and rapidly changing media industry. Additionally, she/he will have strong media monitoring, research, analytical, and organizational skills.
She/he/they will work on an array of projects, including supporting communications on press releases, strategic pitches, thought leadership opportunities, Forbes LIVE events, among other areas. The ideal candidate must have a strong track record for results. She/he/they must also demonstrate passion for news and the digital media business and be a champion of entrepreneurial capitalism and success.
- Build and manage relationships with key reporters and broadcast producers to share and promote stories and lists published by Forbes’ editorial team, as well as share updates on Forbes’ products and business.
- Position Forbes editors,reporters, and executives as thought leaders in their distinctive areas – exploring opportunities at live/virtual events, media interviews, podcasts, broadcast guests, etc.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with PR strategies and priorities.
- Create targeted, strategic media lists (Newspaper, Radio, TV, and Online contacts) as needed for Forbes pitches using Cision and other research tools.
- Evaluate interview requests for Forbes team members and handle media bookings once approved.
- Craft proactive, strategic pitches that advance Forbes mission.
- Write press releases, media invitations, bios and other content that can be leveraged across multiple platforms.
- Assist with media and influencer outreach leading up to and during Forbes’ custom events or LIVE summits.
- Develop and post content to Forbes’ PR Twitter account to promote content.
- Develop and post content to LifeAtForbes on Instagram, an IG account focused on showcasing Forbes’ #OneTeam culture, and Forbes’ PR Twitter account.
- Support internal communications and employee comms.
- Support media monitoring and research as needed.
- Proactively flag news coverage that’s relevant to Forbes.
- Support issues management when needed.
- Work with PR agencies to share opportunities and keep projects moving forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- 1-3 years in public relations or corporate communications – with either agency and/or in-house experience.
- Experience working with PR tools such as Cision.
- Must be a quick-thinker, able to trouble-shoot and create problem solver.
- Excellent communication abilities combined with effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet hard deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working closely with leadership.
- Strong writing aptitude and presentation skills essential.
- Ability to thrive in a corporate environment with an entrepreneurial mindset
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.