Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced fashion writer and product tester to join our growing commerce editorial team on a full-time basis. This role will be responsible for pitching, researching and writing SEO fashion round-ups, best lists, updates, guides, fashion odes, deal spotlights and other original features and columns surrounding the latest fashion and style offerings. You will be asked to write timely updates to top performing content and pitch new stories based on data & SEO trends. You will work under the guidance of the Forbes Vetted senior fashion editor in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Researching and writing 5+ stories per week
- Pitching new story ideas on a weekly basis
- Balancing longer term projects such as hands-on product reviews with short lead assignments such as product release news posts
- Coordinating review samples with PR and affiliate partners
- Attending various strategy meetings via video conference on a weekly basis
- Updating evergreen content in a variety of categories on a weekly basis
- Collaborating with the social media editor to help create social content for Instagram and TikTok
- Participating in sales event coverage, including potential shifts over holiday weekends like Memorial Day, Labor Day and Black Friday through Cyber Monday
- Working with the editorial, business and SEO teams as needed to ensure your content is properly optimized
- Having fun with a variety of team-oriented extracurricular activities throughout the year
The ideal candidate:
- Is comfortable writing across multiple subtopics within fashion and has extensive expertise in a minimum of two subtopics (such as men’s fashion, fitness clothing, jewelry and accessories)
- Is an excellent writer with 2-5+ years of experience writing product reviews and fashion or style feature coverage
- Can share published clips from major media outlets
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment and able to pivot quickly when needed
- Can identify and curate fashion and style items that will appeal to the Forbes audience
- Experience producing original, high-quality photography during product testing process is preferred
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.