Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced mattress editor to join our growing commerce editorial team. This role will be responsible for assigning and editing all Forbes Vetted Mattress & Sleep content, which includes product guides, roundups, retailer news, tested product reviews, Vs. posts, how-tos and product odes. The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert with direct prior experience writing and editing mattress reviews who can discuss the topic from a health & wellness POV. You will work closely with the updates editors to optimize evergreen mattress guides as well as the deals editor to assign, write, and/or top edit mattress deals. This role reports to the Forbes Vetted sr strategy editor.
This is a remote role with an option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
- Full ownership of mattress and sleep product coverage, which includes mattresses, pillows, sleep aids, and other adjacent products such as sheets and bedding
- Recruiting and directly managing two staff writers and a stable of freelance contributors
- Editing and updating all Forbes Vetted mattress content
- Participating in sales event coverage, including potential shifts over holiday weekends like Memorial Day, Labor Day and Black Friday through Cyber Monday
- Some writing and product reviewing
- Assisting with social and newsletter content creation for your category
- Tracking content performance against team and individual goals
The ideal candidate:
- Is an expert in all things sleep (required)
- Has impeccable writing, editing and reporting skills (required)
- Has a network of experienced writers as well as PR contacts (required)
- Has a strong understanding of SEO as well as affiliate / commerce content strategy (required)
- Has prior experience editing mattress and pillow reviews as well as testing products for hands-on reviews (preferred)
- Is user-focused and understands editorial independence, but can deftly balance this with the needs of the business (required)
- Is eager to innovate and experiment editorially to help grow the Forbes Vetted audience (preferred)
- Is a collaborative team player who can write and/or edit outside of the health & wellness product category occasionally to contribute to the success of other editors and categories (preferred)
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.