Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes Vetted is seeking an experienced deals writer to join our growing commerce editorial team. This role will be responsible for researching and writing about the latest sales and deals across all of our verticals including home, fashion, beauty, tech, health & wellness, parenting and gear. You will work under the guidance of the Forbes Vetted deals editor to cover a mix of single product deals, deal roundups, site-wide sales and tentpole events. This is a fast-paced role in which you will often need to demonstrate the ability to respond to an ever-changing online sale and deal landscape.
This is a remote role with the option to commute to the Jersey City Forbes office if desired
- Researching and writing 1-3 deal articles per day
- Pitching deal stories on a daily and weekly basis
- Updating evergreen sale content in a variety of categories on a weekly basis
- Participating in sales event coverage, including potential shifts over holiday weekends like Memorial Day, Labor Day and Black Friday through Cyber Monday
- Working with the business and SEO team as needed to ensure deal content is optimized
- Assisting the Updates team to ensure that sale pricing and info is reflected in evergreen stories during tentpole events
- Collaborating with the social and newsletter teams to create content focused around deals
The ideal candidate:
- Has a strong understanding of SEO best practices for commerce content (required)
- Is comfortable writing across multiple verticals (required)
- Has 1-2 years of experience in commerce writing or deals-focused writing (required)
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and can quickly write clean copy that requires minimal edits
- Understands how to curate deals that will appeal to the Forbes audience
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.