Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is seeking a Group Product Manager to lead the product vision and strategy for Forbes Vetted, our suite of affiliate commerce content products that help consumers make more informed purchases online, and a fast-growing line of business for Forbes. Reporting to the VP of Product, the Group Product Manager is a player-coach on the Product team who will have the opportunity to develop product features that drive KPI growth and manage a team that plays a critical role in the development and evolution of affiliate and ecommerce services that drive significant revenue while delivering a valuable and productive experience for our users. You will collaborate with the Vetted editorial and business teams to develop a roadmap focused on building a loyal and engaged audience, driving content revenue growth and SEO value through technical improvements.
- Oversee the product vision, drive product strategy and execution to support the audience growth and revenue goals of Forbes Vetted’s affiliate commerce, coupon/tenancy business and the Forbes Store
- Work closely with the commerce team to translate data and insights into innovative product ideas and a roadmap aligned with Vetted business objectives, supported by business cases, market research, user data and competitive analysis
- Build momentum and alignment to shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption with a focus on learning, rapid testing and iteration
- Coach a team of product managers on collaboration with editors, content strategists, designers and engineers to conceptualize, build and optimize features related to commerce and to identifying and test ways of increasing the performance of our commerce content
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to lead, motivate and support a team the responsible the discovery, definition, design and delivery of both front-end and related CMS products and features that support the Vetted affiliate and ecommerce strategy
- Partner with and lead strategic conversations with key internal stakeholders to identify opportunities and refine strategy and requirements
- Conduct ongoing market, competitive and customer research, quantitative analysis and usability testing, driving rapid iteration and instill best practices for developing valuable and productive user experiences
- Lead the execution of product initiatives related to tentpole shopping events like Prime Day and Black Friday
- Demonstrate clear leadership and support for the Vetted product team by building process, instituting best practices and providing guidance while establishing expectations and goals for the team
- At least 5 years of product management experience, building and shipping consumer-facing affiliate revenue and ecommerce solutions
- Ideal candidates strive for big-picture vision yet have the drive and attention to detail to execute with your team
- Deep understanding of the commerce content market and familiarity with the key players and technology solutions in the affiliate business
- Proven track record of full responsibility through the product life cycle in an Agile-based environment, including extensive cross-functional and stakeholder exposure and management
- Experience leveraging analytical inputs to develop well-rounded and sustainable solutions, and the ability to use data and metrics to evaluate success and assess new opportunities
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment and adapt quickly to changing needs
- Great team player with a positive, strategic approach to problem solving and to respectfully building relationships and collaborating within the team and across the company
- Desire to manage both products and people, and to be an inspiring and effective leader with enthusiasm for developing skills and experience in the team
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire collaborators, stakeholders and executives to drive strategic alignment and positive outcomes
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.