Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Forbes is looking for an organized and energetic Content Strategist to join the SEO team. The position, reporting into the Manager, SEO & Content Strategy, will work collaboratively with our Editors and writers across a variety of topics to focus on maintaining and optimizing our evergreen content across the site to help grow our audience. As a member of the SEO team, you will have a strong voice in the quality and depth of the content we produce, which will directly serve the needs of our readers and drive positive business outcomes. In addition to joining a high-performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities.
- Career Development: Coaching and mentorship, industry conference attendance opportunities.
- Work/life Balance: Hybrid/remote work policy, regular group social engagement, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month.
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team-building.
- Identify new coverage opportunities by conducting competitive analysis to identify gaps in content
- Perform trends research to identify and prioritize which stories and topics our editors and writers should update to meet our readers’ needs in the moments the information most.
- Work closely with our editorial team to create a robust evergreen content calendar to proactively anticipate seasonal trends with our readers’ questions in mind.
- Train our staff writers and editors on how to optimize evergreen stories for search, honing in on the importance of page titles, headlines, internal links, and meta descriptions.
- Identify opportunities to keep content fresh and relevant, highlight problematic elements that potentially harm performance (e.g broken links in content)
- Perform keyword research to create thorough content briefs that align with SEO and editorial best practices .
- Partner with our editorial team to strategize on content creation for major list launches; Analyze and report on the organic search performance of these list launches.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (technical or analytical field a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in SEO; Publisher experience is a plus
- Experience conducting keyword research and Trends analysis with Google Trends as well as other tools to monitor real-time trends in news.
- A strong understanding of Google’s news algorithm and the key factors that can impact visibility in news search results.
- Strong communication skills.
- Well organized with a good eye for detail
- Team player with all-hands-on-deck attitude and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- A willingness to experiment, iterate, innovate, and fail quickly.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.