Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion.
Executive Director, Special Projects and Events is a strategic role within the ForbesLive department responsible for overseeing the management and production of Forbes leading events and summits. This role is responsible for driving innovation and growth for the ForbesLive business and to expand our global events footprint with key franchises; Under 30, CMO, CIO, For(bes) The Culture, ForbesWomen, etc. The Executive Director, Special Projects and Events will report directly to the Group Vice President, ForbesLive. As convening key Forbes communities and events continue to be a key driver of growth at Forbes, we are looking for a seasoned executive to help strategize, executive and drive the ForbesLive business forward.
- Manage production and execution of ForbesLive strategic events from start to finish (virtual, hybrid, in-person), including events hosted in the US and internationally (i.e. Forbes Under 30 Summit in Botswana; Forbes World’s Most Influential CMOs in Cannes, France; Forbes CIO Summit in California, etc.)
- Create unique experiences that communicate the power of the Forbes brand across communities
- Establish position as a key leader on the ForbesLive team and liaise with Forbes C-level executives and editorial leads on tentpole initiatives
- Coordinate across departments to execute events, including but not limited to: production, client partnerships, corporate communications, social, design, etc.
- Manage logistics, negotiate partner contracts, budgets and overall expense management
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to develop innovative and experiential sponsor opportunities across a wide range of categories: enterprise technology, finance, luxury, consulting, auto, B2B, etc.
- Manage internal and external facing timelines and deadlines, expectations and short/long-term goals for internal needs and Forbes sponsor needs
- Assist with the successful expansion of Forbes’ event offerings as well as sponsorship opportunities to further drive growth and revenue—at Forbes owned and operated event space, Forbes on Fifth as well as across various markets/venues
- Responsible for understanding Forbes cross-platform offerings and be able to collaborate across teams on integrated client sponsored programs
- 7+ years’ experience in Live Events
- Technical events production understanding and expertise
- Experience managing strategic sponsored programs
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and communication skills, both internally and externally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Docs/Sheets required; Smartsheet preferred
- Willing to travel and work nights and weekends when needed
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross-departmentally, and in a client-facing capacity
- Maintains composure under pressure and highly adaptable
- Self-starter who will bring new, relevant ideas and concepts to the team
- Problem-solver, creative thinker and respectful of colleagues, peers and various points of view
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.