Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
We are looking for a candidate who can assist in driving investment and capital allocation decisions within the company. As a critical member of the team, your primary responsibility will be to strategize and execute M&A, JVs, investments, and support organic business development initiatives. Reports to VP of Corporate Development & Strategy.
- Establish a robust understanding of new markets, industry trends, competitive positioning, and emerging companies and translate into actionable data.
- Develop investment themes on new markets, prepare investment screens, propose investment ideas, source M&A, investments and partnership opportunities, and evaluate inbound deals.
- Collaborate with senior executives and business unit leaders on our M&A strategy and evaluate build/buy/partner options.
- Quarterback the investment and M&A process which includes performing financial analysis and building complex financial models, driving all aspects of due diligence in partnership with senior team members and working closely with functional leaders across finance, legal, tax and HR , developing internal investment memos and presentations, and developing a robust integration plan.
- Develop a network of industry contacts (Venture capitalists, private equity funds, investment banks, attend industry fairs) to increase Forbes’ ability to identify, source and originate deals.
- Lead financial modeling and support strategy formulation and business case development for new organic and inorganic business development initiatives.
- Assist with portfolio management, providing companies with operations, growth, financial analysis and business development support.
- Prepare executive management and board presentations.
- 3-5+ years of experience, including a combination of investment banking, private equity/venture capital, corporate development, and/or corporate strategy, with a minimum of 2 years in an active investment banking
- Must have closed at least 2 M&A deals in the TMT space
- Expert in financial modeling – Valuation, M&A, LBOs, Debt, new ventures, etc.
- Curiosity for new business innovation and disruption in the consumer digital space
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentations
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions and develop analytical frameworks; outstanding quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and partner with cross-functional teams
- Highly motivated, personable and capable of managing multiple tasks in a demanding and dynamic work environment
At Forbes we pride ourselves on our #OneTeam approach, which values a culture of teamwork and collaboration. We believe true success is where everyone succeeds. As a member of the team, you will be expected to live and champion these values every day.
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.