Forbes believes in the power of entrepreneurial capitalism and uses it on various platforms to ignite the conversations that drive systemic change in business, culture and society. We celebrate success and are committed to using our megaphone to drive diversity, equity and inclusion. Forbes has recently announced plans to go public and to be listed on the NYSE via a special purpose acquisition company (or SPAC). This will enable Forbes to further capitalize on its successful digital transformation, using technology and data-driven insights to create more deeply engaged audiences, through editorial, product development and strategic investments.
Forbes is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Software Engineer to join our Data Products team. Our team creates data-rich products to support and enhance the Forbes experience for journalists and readers alike.
- Participate in agile/scrum ceremonies
- Contribute and participate to projects progress on a technical level
- Collaborate with product owners and designers
- Develop resources with a focus on high quality, reusable, and scalable code
- Perform code reviews with more junior developers
- Constructively partner with QA team for testing
- Analyze and resolve emerging technical issues
- 3-5 years’ experience as a developer utilizing Python, NodeJS, and/or Golang
- 3-5 years professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with BigQuery, Firestore, BigTable highly preferred
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Experience developing on existing platforms and codebases
Forbes aims to offer employees the flexibility they need in order to be successful. We offer a hybrid work schedule for our employees. Some roles may be remote (within the U.S.) if it aligns to the needs of the position. Any employee entering the Forbes office for business or social reasons will need to present proof of full vaccination, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.