An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where every student has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and in so doing, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Many firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a fast-growing mission-orientated start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We’re looking for an accounting professional to support the accounting functions in a fast-growing SaaS startup. The successful candidate will have a unique combination of proven accounting and controllership experience coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you are someone who is mission driven, loves building, innovating, and scaling and who can successfully lead the accounting function during a pivotal time of growth, we want to hear from you!
- Support monthly close process with continuous improvements
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements
- Oversee payroll, super and quarterly BAS filing for our AUS subsidiary
- Prepare sales commission calculations
- Prepare sales tax calculations and fillings in conjunction with Avalara
- Assist with annual audit and tax return preparation
- Prepare annual statutory accounts, to ensure compliance with all constitutional and legislative financial reporting requirements.
- CPA preferred
- Deep understanding of current US GAAP and IFRS standards and reporting requirements, including ASC 606 and IFRS 15
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Self-starter who takes ownership
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
- Work effectively in a high growth environment – comfortable in both individual contributor roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time
- 3+ years of experience in accounting role in a fast-paced startup environment or equivalent experience
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP system and Salesforce is a plus
- 2+ years of experience at at least one of the Big4 accounting firms
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Australian tax and payroll reporting and compliance obligations for Australian companies is preferred but not required
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Generous equity incentive program
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Top-tier medical, vision, and dental plan for you and your dependents
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA)
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective and you like being creative. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!