An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where every student has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and in so doing, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is a rare opportunity to support a critical function in a fast-growing mission-orientated start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
Forage is looking for a Content Specialist (Operations) to join its content team.
About the Content Team
In line with our twin goals of serving companies and students, the Content team is responsible for designing and deploying bespoke Virtual Experience Programs (VEPs) for our corporate partners. Our VEPs are designed to simulate the actual work an early career candidate will experience in a specific job at a specific company. These are incredibly immersive and impart invaluable skills that help skill candidates for the world of work. We work closely with our corporate partners and leverage a large roster of freelance professionals around the world to design and deliver Forage programs. The team is fast-growing and is core to Forage's mission and value to students and companies around the world.
We are looking for a Content Specialist (Operations) to work with our Content team and our network of freelancers to create the content for our virtual work experience programs.
- Conduct extensive research into clients and/or their key business areas in order to determine the content we create aligns with their objectives.
- Prepare a series of discovery questions that resolve any ambiguity about what the content should focus on and set our client-facing team up for success to address these questions with clients.
- Identify, screen and hire appropriate freelancers that can be trusted to create the content itself. As the content of our virtual work experience programs has no limits and varies significantly (e.g. software engineering, construction, law, digital marketing, etc), it is critical that we identify high-quality specialists.
- Work with freelancers to create high-quality program content that is bespoke to the client’s workplace and their objectives, compelling and engaging for students and challenging enough to enable participants to gain invaluable skills. This includes owning quality assurance across the programs you create.
- Deliver program content within defined SLAs, which requires you to work efficiently and effectively and be agile (because we are still a start-up!).
- Optimising existing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback from students, clients and experts.
- Work closely in a fast-paced and evolving environment with the rest of the content team and client-facing team to ensure a high quality work overall, e.g., peer review others’ work, share best practices, help brainstorm ideas.
- Exceptional attention to detail and impeccable communication skills - particularly written skills
- Proven experience managing a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment without compromising on quality
- Great intuition for what good learning content looks like
- Experience managing individuals or teams to deliver high-quality outcomes preferred
- Experience creating L&D (learning and development) content, ideally in an online environment
- Ability to effectively identify and work with third party technical experts to ensure high quality experiential learning content is developed
- Computer skills (e.g., familiarity with Google docs) and a willingness to learn how to use new tools
- A passion for rolling up your sleeves to change the world of education and emerging talent
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Top-tier medical, vision, and dental plan for you and your dependents
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA)
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave policy
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
At Forage, we are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
We strive to create a body of questions which will allow us to accurately elicit the priority skills, culture and values of our clients’ businesses. For this task, you need to submit a set of questions that could be used during a client workshop to ascertain the skills/topics most relevant to a hypothetical program. If necessary, include explanations as to why you included or omitted particular questions.
The hypothetical client: This client is a Fortune 500 Investment Bank that wants to create a compelling program that engages and challenges college students, attracts students with non-financial backgrounds and really distills the essence of what it means to work there.
List out the questions you would use for the client workshop.
Question 2: WWhat is the most common misconception among teachers and educators about how to deliver content effectively?