Job Description: Academic Partnerships Manager (United Kingdom)
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where every person has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and in so doing, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of Foragers explore our virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
Forage has partnered with over 300 education institutions globally, including Cambridge, King’s College, LSE, University of Westminster and University of Wolverhampton. We embed our virtual experiences directly into coursework (at no cost to institutions or students) and in doing so, ensure that every student is undertaking career exploration as part of their studies. It means more work-ready graduates with greater clarity about what they truly want to do with their careers and why.
About the Role
As an Academic Partnerships Manager at Forage, you will initiate, cultivate and manage relationships with hundreds of university Course Leaders, Module Leaders and Department Heads around the United Kingdom. You will be responsible for optimising and scaling our existing playbook and you’ll focus on inspiring key university stakeholders to embed Forage virtual work experiences as part of their curriculum. This is not a sales role - all our resources are free for students and education institutions. Rather, you will be charged with scaling an existing strategy so higher-ed students across the UK can build critical skills and confidence through Forage courses.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key university stakeholders (namely Course Leaders, Module Leaders and Heads of Departments).
- Educate new, existing and prospective university partners about Forage’s virtual work experience offerings.
- Collaborate with university stakeholders to project manage and implement Forage virtual work experience programmes in coursework.
- Measure success of coursework integrations by reviewing in-app feedback along with staff and student survey results.
- Collaborate with university stakeholders to create compelling content including case studies and blog posts.
- Represent Forage at conferences, during webinars and while delivering guest lectures.
- Be responsible for communicating Forage’s vision to course leaders, module leaders and department heads across the UK.
- Be open, collaborative, credible, and customer-focused in all communications and dealings with colleagues and partners.
- Partner and collaborate with our internal team (primarily Global Account Directors and Early Talent Partners) to ensure Forage’s corporate partners have access to the talent set out in their account plans.
- Use Salesforce, Asana and Notion to document and track your activities.
- Share your insights and lessons learned with the broader Forage team.
- Leverage your experience implementing experiential education programming at universities across the UK.
- Exhibit expertise and credibility in the fields of higher education and emerging talent recruitment.
You’ll be a superstar applicant if you tick these boxes, but by no means should you feel as if you’re not suitable if each one doesn’t quite sound like you. We’re excited to get to know you for you :)
- You’ve previously built or worked within a partnerships function at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
- You have experience developing career training programming and integrating it into academic curriculum.
- You have a deep passion for innovation in higher education - you fundamentally believe that universities need to be doing more to prepare students for the workforce.
- You’re passionate about building and implementing new pathways for students to discover their dream careers.
- You have prior experience in higher education - whether in teaching, delivery of career services or at an ed-tech service provider.
- You have prior experience cultivating deep, trusted relationships (whether within the education industry or otherwise).
- You feel comfortable delivering engaging presentations.
- You’re thoughtful, kind and caring with infectious enthusiasm and energy!
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Paid parental leave policy
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Learning and development fund
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
At Forage, we are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.